Photo courtesy of Hope Volunteer Fire Department.
Photo courtesy of Hope Volunteer Fire Department.

The Hope Volunteer Fire Department is warning of the danger of baseboard heaters after a close call at an area home.

The Hope Volunteer Fire Dept. was dispatched to a report of a structure fire Sunday evening. Firefighters determined that one of the owners' dogs had accidentally knocked over a blanket onto the baseboard heater. Thanks to quick action from the homeowner, there was minimal damage.

Firefighters want to remind anyone with baseboard heaters or space heaters to keep any flammable items away from the heat source. Space heaters should be place at the safe distance recommended by the manufacturer.