April 4, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
Hope United Methodist Church News for Nov. 16th
Pastor Warren's sermon was based on Paul's letters in Ephesians 6, telling us to obey our parents and the laws of the land.
Our hymns included "Let There Be Peace on Earth," and "Eternal Father, Strong to Save" (the Navy Hymn), both of which were very appropriate, given the recent events in Paris.
The UMW Soup & Sandwich Lunch was a great success. Thanks to all who helped.
Dates to Remember:
- Tuesdays at 7 p.m. -- Prayer Team
- Wednesdays at 6 p.m. -- Bible Study on the Gospel of John
- Sunday, Nov. 22 -- Hanging of the Greens after Worship
- Sunday, Nov. 29 at 6 p.m. -- Community Christ Giving Service
- Sunday, Dec. 6 -- HUMC Annual Cookie Walk after Worship Service
- Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 6:30 p.m. -- hurch Christmas Party at WILLow LeaVes.
- Pastor Warren will begin an Advent Bible Study starting Sunday, December 6.
We will be having a new Fundraiser featuring gift cards from Texas Roadhouse. If you purchase a personalized Hope United Methodist Gift Card for Texas Roadhouse, 10 percent of the total will be donated to the church. These cards will make nice gifts for friends and relatives, or for yourself. The cards must be purchased by 12/8, and will be delivered 12/17.
For information contact Brenda Lucas (812-372-4589) or Carol Gardner (812-546-5241).[[In-content Ad]]
December 05, 2023