April 4, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
Hope United Methodist Church news for Nov. 9th
David quoted from the book written by Mitch Albom, "Phone Call from Heaven," which included several stories of people calling loved ones from Heaven, accompanied by Scriptures. He also told the story of his family's struggles with his nephew's tragedy of being severely burned, and survived with lots of prayers. Sally and Pam Webster performed a song which Sally had written regarding that experience. It was very moving.
Dates to Remember:
- Tuesdays at 7 p.m. -- Prayer Team
- Wednesdays at 6 p.m. -- Bible Study on the Gospel of John
- Saturday, Nov. 14, 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. -- UMW Soup and Sandwich Lunch, for a Free Will Offering. All baked goods, crafts and gently used items will be appreciated, and will be for sale individually.
- Sunday, November 15, 9 a.m. -- Young Adults Meeting with Breakfast. Young Adults, don't miss this opportunity for food and fellowship!
- Sunday, Nov. 22 ~ Hanging of the Greens after Worship
- Sunday, Nov. 29, 6 p.m. -- Community Christ Giving Service
- Sunday, Dec. 6 -- UMW Cookie Walk following Worship. Please bring lots of cookies to share. A free will donation will be taken.
- Tuesday, Dec. 8 -- Annual Christmas Party at WILLow LeaVes. The Chicken & noodle meal will be $15, including drink, dessert and gratuities.
December 07, 2023