April 4, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
Pharmacy grand opening set for this morning
The Hope Wellness Pharmacy is opening at the former Irwin Union Bank building at the northeast corner of the Town Square.
Plans for the new pharmacy were first unveiled to the public during the town's annual meeting in December. It was originally scheduled to open in February.
The building, designed by Harry Weese in 1958 and owned by Ken Patton, is the former Irwin Union and First Financial Bank branch building that was then taken over by the Hope Star-Journal. Since the closure of the newspaper, the building housed the Hope satellite branch of the Columbus-Area Visitors Center, Heritage of Hope and a gallery by the Hope Art Guild. It was renamed in honor of Larry Simpson, the former owner of the Hope Star-Journal who died in 2014.
The small company has two other pharmacies, one in Bloomington and one in New Castle.
The pharmacy offers general pharmacy services, an automatic refill program, convenience packaging as well as med synchronization, which attempts to get all of a customer's refills on the same monthly fill date.
Town officials estimate that it has been as long as 30 to 35 years since Hope had a pharmacy.[[In-content Ad]]
December 04, 2023